If you’re wondering why you should get a WordPress site instead of using one of the many website builders out there or another content management system then you’re in the right place!
First, though, let’s clear up one point that confuses many people when they are new to WordPress, which is that there are two different types of WordPress. WordPress.com is hosted by WordPress which means that you can have your site up, running and looking beautiful in minutes. But you should check the WordPress.com terms of service carefully as you may not be allowed to do all you want with your new site.
Another option is WordPress.org, where you’ll need to find your own hosting and set up your own site. This is more work than using WordPress.com, but it means you own your site and can do whatever you want with it. In this article, we’re going to focus on WordPress.org.
Now let’s look at five great reasons for getting a WordPress site:
With the huge range of themes and plugins available you can do whatever you want with your WordPress website, from changing the fonts and colors and moving your pages around to installing contact forms, security features or even a shopping cart.
WordPress is open source, which means you can download it for free. You will need to pay for your hosting, and some of the themes and plugins have a price tag too, but setting up a WordPress site isn’t going to cost you much at all.
Even if you pay someone to set up your site for you, updating your site will be cheap because you’ll be able to do most of it, if not all of it, yourself.
WordPress makes maintenance easy, too. There are backup plugins to make regular copies of your site should the worst happen and security plugins to keep intruders out of your site. The WordPress dashboard even tells you when an update is due.
Good for search engines
Unlike some ‘template’ website builders, WordPress is great for search engine optimization (SEO). It is written using high-quality code and you can also add SEO plugins to optimize your site’s structure and content.
Lots of support
There’s a huge community that’s happy to answer your questions at wordpress.org/support and if you do need a WordPress expert to work on your site they are plentiful.
So as you can see, WordPress really is a great choice for your website.
- WordPress and Web Design is my passion. I've learned over the years that design isn’t just art. It’s more than aesthetics - It’s communication. I am not just an artist. I am not just a designer. I am a visual communicator. I speak the language of color schemes, call-to-actions, and user experience.
- Content Marketing2018.10.15Internet Marketing 101 – What You Should Know
- Digital Marketing2018.10.08How a Marketing Agency can Save You Time & Money
- Digital Marketing2018.10.015 Ways to Grow Your Brand Through Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing2018.09.24The Role Of Having a Creative Mindset in the Future of Marketing